Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Smoky bright purple eye shadow

 Here's a purple smoky look that is a bit different for me because it has the darker shade a lot further in than I usually go.
 I used a dark/bright purple on lid and blended up into the crease. I didn't go all the way in on the lid, left just a bit on the inner corner to blend a lighter shade. Next I used a lighter pink shadow on the inner corner and blended into the darker shade on the lid and blended it on the edge above crease too. I did the usual highlight with a white pencil on the inner corner and then a white shadow with a blending brush over white liner and blended under brows into the darker shade. Under the eye I just did a thin line of the light pink blended into highlight and a bit of the dark(purple) on outer corner with small angle brush. For the liner, I used a black gel liner with a thin angled liner brush. I made the liner pretty thin on the inner corner and thicker on the outer corner, like always :)
To make it more of a smoky look I put black shadow along the lash line to set the liner and keep it dark but next I put the dark/bright purple shadow on the edge of the liner to blend it together more and made it smokier :)
Next step is curling lashes and lots of mascara! Also, I did my brows first because without them my eyes are pretty much invisible. Brows always help to frame the eyes and help them stand out the most!


















Here is the list of makeup used:
Eyeshadow base -Merle Norman, Auto Shadow Base
Dark Shadow -Bourjois, 17 Prune
Medium Shadow -Rimmel Stars, 159 Frivolity

Highlight Shadow -Almay, Mother of Pearl
Liner -Maybelline Gel Liner, Blackest Black + Black Shadow and Bourjois Prune
Brows -Rimmel Pro Brow Pencil, Hazel + Ardell Brow Defining Powder, Mink Brown
 
Face Cream/Primer -Garnier Skin Renew B.B. Cream, Light/Medium
Foundation -Quo Wet and Dry powder foundation, Soft Bisque
Bronzer -Rimmel Natural Bronzer, 22 Sun Bronze
Blush -Light pink (would like to use a bit of a cooler tone blush next time)
Lips -Victoria's Secret Beauty rush lip gloss, Passion fruit pop


 
Look at how green my eyes look with purple shadow! Other eye colors can use this look too but it will bring out green the best! :)
 
❤Celia
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...